Summer Camp 2016
Join Kitchen Kid for our 8th season of delicious summertime fun! Our signature cooking camps are packed with culinary excitement and kitchen adventures. Young chefs expand their palates, reinforce academic and social skills, and learn kitchen safety and culinary fundamentals. All while making new friends and enjoying great food! New for 2016: exciting new themes, afternoon half day camps, more Restaurant Camp, beautiful NEW kitchen locations in Santa Monica and Redondo Beach!Register Online Schedule
What Makes Kitchen Kid Signature Camps Unique:
- Weekly Farmers Market Challenge (Santa Monica / Hermosa Beach) or Mystery Basket Challenge (Beverly Hills / Pasadena / Redondo Beach): Kitchen Kids learn about seasonal ingredients and “farm to fork” eating. In the Farmers Market Challenge, young chefs head to the market in small groups led by a culinary coach to shop for the freshest produce available. In our Mystery Box Challenge, our culinary coaches lead a discussion and delicious tasting of in-season fruits and vegetables. Afterwards, in all camps, chefs enjoy a secret ingredient cook-off!
- Cooking for the Common Good: Kitchen Kids experience the joy of cooking for others when they bake and package cookies, which are then delivered to a local food pantry.
- Around the Table Fridays: Parents are invited to join us for an incredible tasting on Fridays. Witness and taste your child’s delicious accomplishments first hand!
Santa Monica, Hermosa Beach, Redondo Beach, Pasadena, and Beverly Hills
- Santa Monica: NEW! St. Monica Catholic Church, 725 California Ave, Santa Monica, CA 90403
- Hermosa Beach: St. Cross Episcopal Church, 1818 Monterey Boulevard, Hermosa Beach, CA 90254
- Redondo Beach: Simple Gourmet Kitchen, 443 Pacific Coast, Hwy, Redondo Beach, CA 90277
- Beverly Hills: Historic Greystone Mansion, 905 Loma Vista Drive, Beverly Hills, CA 90210
- Pasadena: Trinity Lutheran Church, 997 East Walnut Avenue, Pasadena, CA 91106\
Additional Details & FAQ
- Our camps are fully hands-on culinary experiences with maximum class size of 15 chefs (20 during Restaurant Camp) and a culinary coach to kid-chef ratio averaging 1:4.
- Camps are taught by Kitchen Kid culinary coaches – professionally trained chefs and classroom educators.
- Each session includes all the fresh ingredients, recipe book, and a Kitchen Kid apron.
- Campers make and eat their lunch during camp each day. Please pack a water bottle and snack, if desired.
- Campers must wear close-toed shoes.
- We are not a 100% nut-free kitchen, though we do not cook with nuts. We are able to accommodate campers with certain allergies and dietary restrictions. Please contact us with specific questions or concerns.
- Please note our NEW kitchen location in Santa Monica at Saint Monica Catholic Church.
- Half day camp sessions in Santa Monica, Hermosa Beach, Beverly Hills, and Pasadena are open to chefs entering 1st through 8th grade. Half day sessions in Redondo Beach are open to chefs entering 2nd through 8th grade. Restaurant camp in all locations is open to chefs entering 3rd – 8th grade.
- Because of our small class size, excellent ratio, and shared passion for cooking, this diverse age range has proven beneficial and compatible.
- Chefs entering grades 9 – 12 can register to be a CIT in Hermosa Beach, Santa Monica, Redondo Beach, and Pasadena.
Enjoy a $25 discount for early bird registration by March 1! Also please take $25 off when enrolling siblings in the same session. We will sell out early, especially Restaurant Camp, so please register early! Beverly Hills camp registration is through the City, only, and begins on 2/28.
For scholarship information, please click here.Register Online Schedule Download Camp Brochure PDF
Summer Cooking Camp in Your Home
Contact us to learn how to host a highly customized cooking camp for groups of 4-6 children in your home. Limited dates available so reserve early. Contact Us