Our signature cooking camps are fully hands-on culinary experience packed with excitement and kitchen adventures. Young chefs expand their palates, reinforce academic and social skills, and learn kitchen safety and culinary fundamentals…all while making new friends and enjoying great food!
What Makes Kitchen Kid Culinary Camps Unique:
- Weekly Farmers Market Challenge (Santa Monica / Hermosa Beach) or Mystery Basket Challenge (Beverly Hills / Pasadena / Redondo Beach): Kitchen Kids learn about seasonal ingredients and “farm to fork” eating. In the Farmers Market Challenge, young chefs head to the market in small groups led by a culinary coach to shop for the freshest produce available. In our Mystery Box Challenge, our culinary coaches lead a discussion and delicious tasting of in-season fruits and vegetables. Afterwards, in all camps, chefs enjoy a secret ingredient cook-off!
- Around the Table Fridays: Parents are invited to join us for an incredible tasting at the end of the camp session on Fridays. Witness and taste your child’s delicious accomplishments first hand! The exact dates and times will be in your registration confirmation for each session.
Here are a few answers to the most frequently asked questions!
- Our camps are fully hands-on culinary experiences with maximum class size of 15-20 chefs (depending on facility) and a culinary coach to kid-chef ratio averaging 1:5.
- Camps are taught by Kitchen Kid culinary coaches – professionally trained chefs and classroom educators.
- Each session includes all the fresh ingredients, recipe book, and a Kitchen Kid apron.
- Campers make and eat their lunch during camp each day. Please pack a water bottle and snack, if desired.
- Campers must wear closed-toe shoes (safety first!) and hair must be tied back while preparing food.
- Please be aware that we do not have before or after care available for campers. Plan to drop-off no earlier than 15 minutes before camp start time and pick-up no later than 15 minutes after the conclusion of camp.
- Though we do not cook with nuts, we can’t guarantee that the facility is 100% nut-free. We are generally able to accommodate campers with common allergies and dietary restrictions. Please contact us with specific questions or concerns.
- We believe the kitchen classroom is the tastiest place for everyone to learn, and are committed to making this possible for deserving students this summer. For more information, please see: 2017 Scholarship Information
- Our tax ID# is: 51-0676635
We know how hard it is to schedule (juggle!) summer plans, so we do like to be as accommodating as possible when things change. Here’s our policy:
- Submit a refund request to email@example.com by May 1, 2017, and receive a full refund, less a $50 processing fee per camper per session.
- No refunds will be given after May 1, but we will make every effort to transfer your camper to another available session, space permitting, up until 7 days prior to the original session start date.
- Refunds will not be given, nor fees prorated due to camper illness or absence during the camp session.
Please don’t hesitate to call us – 310.450.3462 – or drop us a line – firstname.lastname@example.org – during our normal office hours: M – F, 9:30am – 5:30pm Pacific Time.