2016 Summer Schedule will be posted on February 1, 2016! Check back then or sign up at the bottom of this page to be notified by email!
Join Kitchen Kid for our 7th season of delicious summertime fun! Our signature cooking camps are packed with culinary excitement and kitchen adventures. Young chefs expand their palates, reinforce academic and social skills, and learn kitchen safety and culinary fundamentals. All while making new friends and enjoying great food! New for 2015: exciting new themes, half day camps in the afternoon, Restaurant Camp II, and locations in Hermosa Beach and Pasadena.Register Online Schedule
What Makes Kitchen Kid Signature Camps Unique:
- Farmers Market Challenge (Santa Monica and Hermosa Beach) and Mystery Basket Challenge (Beverly Hills and Pasadena): Kitchen Kids learn about seasonal ingredients and “farm to fork” eating. In Santa Monica and Hermosa Beach, young chefs head to the market in small groups led by a culinary coach to shop for the freshest produce available. In Beverly Hills and Pasadena, our culinary coaches lead a discussion and delicious tasting of in-season fruits and vegetables. Afterwards, in all camps, chefs enjoy a secret ingredient cook-off!
- Cooking for the Common Good: Kitchen Kids experience the joy of cooking for others when they bake and package cookies, which are then delivered to a local food pantry.
- Around the Table Fridays: Parents are invited to join us for an incredible tasting on Fridays. Witness and taste your child’s delicious accomplishments first hand!
Santa Monica, Hermosa Beach, Pasadena, and Beverly Hills
- Santa Monica: First Presbyterian Church kitchen, 1220 Second Street, Santa Monica, CA 90404
- Hermosa Beach: Cross Episcopal Church, 1818 Monterey Boulevard, Hermosa Beach, CA 90254
- Beverly Hills: Historic Greystone Mansion, 905 Loma Vista Drive, Beverly Hills, CA 90210
- Pasadena: Trinity Lutheran Church, 997 East Walnut Avenue, Pasadena, CA 91106
Additional Details & FAQ
- Our camps are fully hands-on culinary experiences with maximum class size of 15 chefs (20 during Restaurant Camp) and a culinary coach to kid-chef ratio averaging 1:4.
- Camps are taught by Kitchen Kid culinary coaches – professionally trained chefs and classroom educators.
- Camp is open to chefs entering 1st through 8th grade. Because of our small class size, excellent ratio, and shared passion for cooking, this diverse age range has proven beneficial and compatible.
- Each session includes all the fresh ingredients, recipe book, and a Kitchen Kid gift.
- Campers make and eat their lunch during camp each day. Please pack a water bottle and snack, if desired.
- Campers must wear close-toed shoes.
- We are not a 100% nut-free kitchen, though we do not cook with nuts. We are able to accommodate campers with certain allergies and dietary restrictions.
Enjoy a $25 discount for early bird registration by March 1! Also please take $25 off when enrolling siblings in the same session.
For scholarship information, please click here.Register Online Schedule Download Camp Brochure PDF
Summer Cooking Camp in Your Home
Contact us to learn how to host a highly customized cooking camp for groups of 4-6 children in your home. Limited dates available so reserve early. Contact Us