Kitchen Kid is excited and honored to be part of MasterChef Junior’s premiere season!
Founder, Samantha Barnes, shares safety tips in a three part video series hosted by Graham Elliot, MasterChef Junior’s talented judge. Kitchen Kid is also excited to be creating delicious recipes for the MasterChef Junior Family-Friendly Recipe Collection. This season, viewers are encouraged to cook one of our delicious recipes to enjoy with the family while watching MasterChef Junior. Here’s a sneak peek at tonight’s MasterChef Junior Family-Friendly Recipe: Garden Lasagna:
4 cups fresh baby spinach
2 Tbsp olive oil
2 cloves garlic, chopped
2 zucchini, sliced into ¼”quarters
1 tsp oregano
1 cup ricotta
1 cup shredded mozzarella
1 package round wonton wrappers
2 Tbsp chopped fresh basil
½ cup frozen corn
½ cup sliced mushrooms
1 cup tomato sauce
1. Preheat oven to 375ºF and lightly coat 6 foil squares, or jumbo muffin tin, with cooking spray.
2. In a microwave safe bowl, heat the spinach until just wilted. Set aside.
3. In a sauté pan, heat the olive oil, then add garlic and zucchini. Cook the zucchini for about 7-10 minutes until just soft. Season with oregano,salt and pepper.
4. Meanwhile in a small bowl, combine the ricotta and ¼ cup of mozzarella. Add the chopped basil and salt and pepper to taste.
5. Place two wonton sheets on each of the 6 foil squares or bottom of the muffin tin. Begin to layer with zucchini, spinach, corn,mushrooms, cheese mixture, and sauce. Using 2 wontons at a time, continue layering in this method. Top lasagna with the remaining sauce and mozzarella cheese.
6. Seal foil squares, or cover muffin pan with foil, and cook for 20 minutes, until noodles are soft and cheese is melted.
For these and other delicious recipes, be sure to check our MasterChef Junior on Facebook!